Saturday, 7 August 2010

The Last Post


Two quick raps on the door. Landsman gets up, thinking it's going to be Berko.
"Hi, there," says the man at the door in American. "I don't think I've had the pleasure."
"Who are you?" Landsman says.
"Me is your burial societies," the man says in wretched but energetic Yiddish.
"Mr. Spade is here to oversee the transition," Bina says...
So here we are. Just under two and a half years and 285 posts away from where I started, somewhat ignominiously. During which I've blogged about nearly everything I can think of, from irrational fear of buses to adorable puppies. And lots and lots and lots of things about me.


And of course plenty of things about mental health, or the lack thereof. During which time Teenage Misanthropy's been getting a pretty fair number of hits for a personal blog (somewhere between 40 and 70 unique users per day, on average, and daily pageviews up to about 120 to 150 when I've been posting regularly). So I've not been doing too badly.
Nonetheless, I think it's time to put TeenMis out to pasture. I've been noticeably posting less and less often in the past few months, which I think demonstrates that I'm not entirely committed to it any more. There's a lot of stuff here that I think I've outgrown. God, in a little under a year I'll be 20, and the name'll be obsolete anyway. Also, I'm getting sick of Blogger. It's very customisable, but clunky and very far from good-looking at the best of times. Plus, people change a hell of a lot from 17 to 19, and looking back it strikes me that I could be incredibly arrogant, stupid, spoilt, shallow, and so on.


Basically, I'm still all of those things, but I flatter myself I'm able to make them come across in a marginally less annoying way. So, this particular blog is getting the Old Yeller treatment. But the destruction of my private Alexandria is not all bad news, because there's going to be another one; I've gone to the dark side and moved to WordPress. Same sarcastic misanthropy, but in a prettier setting and with an equally stupid name.
So, time to wrap this thing up with a link to the new thing. Many thanks to everyone who read Teenage Misanthropy, or commented, or sent me fan mail (yes, amazingly I did actually get some). The blog is dead...

7 comments:

J. Wibble said...

I've updated my links to your new blog, and look forward to reading your new stuff. Don't worry about how you came across as a 17 year old - I shudder when I read stuff I wrote on my Livejournal when I was 16, and I bet when we're 30 we'll laugh at what we came out with when we were 20. Enjoy playing with Wordpress!

Kapitano said...

I started blogging as a 32 year old twentysomething, and so far as I can tell I have exactly the same life now as I did then - but I've got a bit better at writing about it.

You should be able to archive "Teenager Menschenhass" over at "Stupid". I'll be changing over the RSS monitor...just as soon as I figure out how.

blogcar said...

123

Just A Spammer said...

nice

thanh11111111 said...

Festival Hue 2012 - travel to vietnam - tour to vietnam - tour ghep mien trung - tour tet Am Lich tham quan va mua sam - tour festival hue

lol said...

I started blogging as a 32 year old twentysomething, and so far as I can tell I have exactly the same life now as I did then - but I've got a bit better at writing about it.

rent car surabaya said...

I exactly fascinated with your blog. Would be nice to here for all day long

sewa mobil elf surabaya - sewa mobil avanza surabaya - sewa mobil avanza surabaya - sewa mobil mewah surabaya