Saturday, 17 July 2010

Applied Memetics

[Exciting sexy new things are happening in regards to the blog. Watch this space. Or rather, ask me for a link to the other space and watch that instead.]

So lots of stuff is going on with the move and with me, so in lieu of a proper blog post, have a meme. It started with DeeDee Ramona, then passed on to Aethelread, and Kapitano, Cellar Door and I stole it from him. Feel free to have a go at it yourself.

1. Are you currently in a serious relationship?

I don't really do commitment.

2. What was your dream growing up?

I wanted to be a fire engine.

...you laugh, but if I'd just had the A-levels I could've done it.

3. What talent do you wish you had?

I'd love to be able to draw anything more realistic or detailed than stick figures.

4. If I bought you a drink, what would it be?

A Cosmopolitan, or failing that Southern Comfort and Coke.

5. Favourite vegetable?

What are these 'vegetables' of which you speak?

6. What was the last book you read?

Last book I finished was Ariel Levy's Female Chauvinist Pigs. Currently re-reading Berlin Noir, by Philip Kerr.

7. What Zodiac sign are you?

Taurus. Stubborn like a bull, apparently. I can't really fault that, even if astrology is a large amount of bullshit.

8. Any tattoos or piercings?

None. Always been too scared to get either, and I'm not sure they'd suit me.

9. Worst habit?

Smoking, drinking, enjoying gangsta-rap ironically... take your pick.

10. If you saw me walking down the street, would you offer me a ride?

Depends largely on your answer to #4.

11. What is your favourite sport?

Fencing, to play or watch.

12. Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?

Ahaha. Ahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. Guess.

13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?

[clumsy sexual advance] What wouldn't I do? [/clumsy sexual advance]

14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?

This one time, I listened to a Michael Buble song all the way through. I still get flashbacks.

15. Tell me one weird fact about you.

The platypus is my favourite mammal, because it's so clearly something God knocked up while stoned off his arse on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

16. Do you have any pets?

Not since I moved out on my own, unless you count the mould growing on the washing-up. I think it's close to achieving sentience.

17. What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?

'Oh fuck, hide the mould! Must conceal evidence of squalor!'.

18. What was your first impression of me [Aethelread, I assume - is that how the meme works?]?

Clever, kind, funny, and at least six other miscellaneous forms of awesome.

19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?

So, so scary. I mean, look at John Wayne Gacy.

20. If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would it be?

Ooh, tough call. Tempting to say 'ditch all the scars', but I'm not sure. Right now I'd settle for a half-decent haircut.

21. Would you be my partner in crime or my conscience?

Partner nothing. I'd be a goddamned criminal mastermind.

22. What colour eyes do you have?

Blue-greyish. They're supremely uninspiring.

23. Ever been arrested?

No. All my experience of burly men handcuffing me has been strictly consensual.

24. Bottle or can soda?

Bottle, but only if it's glass and not plastic.

25. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?

Blow it all on clothes and shoes. There wouldn't be a penny left by tomorrow, I suspect.

26. What's your favourite place at which to hang out? [I think that's acceptable grammar]

I know it's nerdy, but I've always liked art galleries. I find them relaxing. I'm not sure if that counts as 'hanging out', exactly, though.

27. Do you believe in ghosts?

Oh, fuck off.

28. Favourite thing to do in your spare time?

See #23.

29. Do you swear a lot?

See #27.

30. Biggest pet peeve?

The Law of Universal Gravitation. Don't ask.

31. In one word, how would you describe yourself?

Ostrobogulous.

32. Do you believe in/appreciate romance?

I think it's a highly specific form of insanity.

33. Favourite and least favourite food?

Currently, tiramisu.

Anything involving tofu.

34. Do you believe in God/a higher power/whatever you want to call it?

Nope.

There's a line of Dara O'Briain's: [paraphrased] 'I'm an atheist, been an atheist for years, absolutely do not believe in any sort of a god. ...still Catholic, though.'

35. Will you repost this?

...what sadistic fucker put this question at the end?

1 comment:

aethelreadtheunread said...

18. What was your first impression of me [Aethelread, I assume - is that how the meme works?]?

It is, indeed. And i'd just like to add that there is absolutely no truth to the scurrilous rumours that my decision to post it on my blog was a thinly-veiled attempt to get people to write nice things about me. I mean, how much of an insecure narcissist would that make me? Er...wait...don't answer that... ;o)

Anyway, good answers - i enjoyed reading this!